If you follow me over on Instagram, you might have seen my little hint at this big announcement. I am so excited to announce that I will now be offering my branding and identity services with an added perk: the amazing, stunning, beautiful, lettering of Lauren from A Fabulous Fete.
This has been a long time coming, and I am so happy to provide this service in my 2016 project offerings guide.
In the past, if a client knew they wanted beautiful, timeless calligraphy & lettering, I had to send them away for the lettering with the hopes they’d make it back my way for the final touches on their suite, and brand coaching. It’s been a goal of mine to provide a complete, full experience to every client, and now, this partnership with Lauren is a dream come true.
It’ll be simple … if you know you want a hand lettered logo or logo elements, Lauren will work with you to create those pieces. Then, when it’s time for our project to start, we’ll build a completely brand identity suite around your new lettering. The suite will be cohesive and representative of your brand experience. Of course, it will all start like a traditional Three Fifteen Design project: with a deep look at your brand, client experience, and goals. Cherry on top: the calligraphy package is inclusive of Lauren’s services, and won’t cost you anything extra! Lauren offers traditional calligraphy as well as watercolor lettering. Her work is perfect for a photographer who wants a unique, fun brand identity, as well as for a fine art photographer who’s looking for a soft, airy logo suite to represent their work.
Of course, I am still offering my signature package in 2016, which will allow me to focus on my favorite aesthetic: classic logo/brand identity work with a modern twist.
If you have a minute, be sure to connect with Lauren on Instagram. You are going to LOVE her work!
I am now booking projects for my 2016 calendar. If you’re a maker, doer, photographer, creative, business owner who needs a new brand identity & a strategy for getting your brand’s message on-point, let’s connect! I would love to work with you to ensure that you have a beautiful representation of yourself & your business. Let’s do it!!
You guysssss … First, happy Monday to you! I hope you had a beautiful weekend. Second, you have no (NO!!!) idea how excited I am to be sharing this project. You see, as a creative, you long for projects that spark your creativity, and make your heart feel all squishy and full. When I first talked with Ben & Ashley, I knew we were the most perfect fit. On a personal level, we just clicked. Once the project wrapped, I missed talking with them on a regular basis.
There were many requests to squeeze Oregon and Ohio right next to eachother — totally possible, right?
On a business level, I doubt I have to explain why they are amazing. Their work is emotional, raw, and so SOOO stunning. Their photos invite you in, and make you long for more. I’d say their work feels moody & evocative, but in the same breath, there is so much air and light. The chance to work with Rosey Red Photography
has been a highlight of my career.
The project started with a lot of great inspiration. We knew we wanted something classic, but something that also felt super fresh and modern. Ben mentioned he was envisioning layers of tracing paper coming together to create a full, final image. At that point, I had this strong visual of a logo that felt deep and tactile … lots of pieces of a whole. This is where the prism heart came from. When Ashley said some people saw a diamond … some, a heart … others, a rose, we knew it was perfect. Their logo suite was paired with thoughtful stationery & packaging. They chose letterpress printing. Their cards were printed on the thickest, beautiful cotton. The imperfections of letterpress ink were PERFECT. We peppered in brand statements & quotes to invite their audience to fall deeper into their experience. Their green envelopes feel warm, and are a nod to their love of nature. It’s all intentional … all meant to make a connection.
In the end, we kept coming back to their brand statement: “Passionate photography inspired by raw human emotion” … This was the beginning, and it was our compass during the project.
I hope you enjoying diving into the Rosey Red Photography Experience. Take a bit to meet Ben & Ashley … your heart will be fuller because of it.
NEW WEBSITE // Built by B&A in SqaureSpace
INSTAGRAM // Oh, be still my heart
FACEBOOK // Connect with them!
Happy Monday!! I hope your weekend was amazing. Here are a few lovely links to start your week:
Have a wonderful week!
My best friend texted me to ask if I was almost done changing my Instagram username … I mean, I’ve literally gone through like 4 names this year. Before now, I believed that I needed to keep my personal & business life separate. Surely my clients didn’t want to see 1.2 million photos of my chubby little kiddo. And they probably didn’t care what I was having for dinner.
Well, I was wrong.
When I noticed that more of my clients were interacting with my personal Instagram, than with my business one, I knew I needed to bring it together.
I’ve talked for years about bringing your true self into your brand experience, and I here I was, with this big separation.
Wellll, things are a-changing!!! I am now combining my love for WORK & LIFE in one Instagram account. It represents my life, and it just makes sense to keep it all together.
So, if you like knitting, and sewing, and cute kids, and bad outfits, and food, and design, and random thoughts, you should FOLLOW ME!! Be sure to introduce yourself, so I can follow you right back!
After dropping my little duckling off at preschool this morning, I parked the car, and took in a bit breath of cool air! (!!!!!) … You guys, it’s been the hottest summer ever in Portland. That’s not just hyperbole, it really was the hottest. There were night when the boob sweat (yeah, I’m going there) was relentless, and days we just got carryout for dinner, because turning the oven on was a nightmare. So yeah, you could say I’m pretty pumped that Autumn is just around the corner. September is my spirit animal!
With each month, I have lots to share, and some goals to accomplish. Here are some little bits of goodness for you:
- This month, I’ll be testing the waters of a new, faster project timeline. I have an amazing client who’s agreed to go in at hyper-speed to have a super-focused project. If this works out (which I know it will), things will be a changin’ around here. Three week projects?! YES, PLEASE!
- Have you mamas checked of Coffee + Crumbs? It’s an amazing collective of stories from women, who reflect on many different aspects of parenting and motherhood. We are a tribe. Go here to fill your heart. Even more exciting?! My friend, Vanessa of Noirve, just did their new brand identity & blog. So lovely. Check it out!
- Among the 6,924 things I loveeee about Autumn, is FOOD. It’s CHILI WEATHER!!!! I’m one of those crazy vegans, but I seriously love cooking & food. To see all of the soups and chilis we’re making (also bbq chick’n pizza – !!!), be sure to follow my personal Instagram. I’m also making a rainbow quilt, that’s already been photographed like 300 times.
- When I was pregnant, I was seriously zen … all day, every day. I did prental yoga a few days a week, and meditated each day. Now that baby (she’s almost 2, baby? yes!) is here, I totally left all of that practice behind. I’d say I need it most now. I love this guide to meditation!
- I have a new podcast obsession: You Made with Weird with Pete Holmes. This podcast is totally not safe for work, but that’s what headphones are for! I love his long conversations with artists, actors, activists, and comedians. There are some major “oldie but goodie” episodes in there.
- While we were at the airport waiting for our flight, I found this gem: Socality Barbie. Living in the PNW, I know I’ve been guilty of sharing insightful thoughts alongside a photo of pine trees. If you can’t laugh at yourself … Anyway, this is cute and made me laugh.
- This weekend, we go on our big Labor Day camping trip at the coast. I fully plan to bring a jacket, a beanie, and a thermos for coffee. There’s just nothing better. I hope you have something amazing planned too!!!